As an engineer at Anexia, you are responsible for a global network of 90 locations, running it with passion and actively contributing to its continuous development.
In a team of 15 highly motivated colleagues, we do everything we can to continuously promote efficiency through automation, and to offer our customers new, exciting features. Our goal is to be at the cutting edge of technology and always strive for the best solution.
Backbone Europe, which was launched at the end of 2017, serves as the foundation for our further development in the network. In addition to regular operations, you will be tasked with optimizing, automating, and expanding this network. You will spearhead the rollout of over 100 new Juniper 100G routers. You will support the logistical planning and preparation - from time to time also on site, in Europe as well as abroad. In Vienna, together with colleagues, you are responsible for the operation of our own data center Datasix. You are interested in new data center standards and new technologies and inform yourself at conferences.
You have gained solid and proven network expertise, and several years of operating experience in more than one data center. Structured cabling and efficient rack design are second nature to you and you are always searching for the best-suited solutions. You do not shy away from extensive maintenance work, enjoy travelling, and can cope well with challenges.
- You can easily find your way around cable clutter and transceiver types
- Servers, storage modules, routers, and switches from popular manufacturers are well known to you
- You routinely work on CLIs of Juniper/Cisco routers/switches
- You are familiar with 10/100G, WDM, and Spine/Leaf architectures
- You are emphatic about extensive documentation and are well versed with “Netbox”
- Custom scripts in Bash and/or Python make your daily work easier
- You are familiar with Linux system tools and common monitoring tools
- You work independently, are a real team player, are goal and future oriented, and are not afraid to break new ground and learn from your mistakes. Participation in the on-call service after the probationary period is a matter of course for you. You have a driver’s license class B, a white vest, and speak fluent English
Anexia grew up as a family, and with our growth strategy, we intend to keep it that way. We like to take responsibility, respect one another, and we know that we can achieve whatever we put our minds to. We look after Anexia, and Anexia looks after us. Enthusiasm, experience, and competence count, so you can expect a fair salary and numerous benefits.
We are more than just a workplace. Therefore, we offer our employees many benefits (which partly depend on your position and location): good transport connections and flexible working hours. Period. Not to mention further training, a mentoring program, free parking, a mobile phone and notebook for work and private use, snacks and drinks, company cars, employee events, a fun corner, ...